The current onslaught of the COVID-19 Corona Virus is creating turmoil in the entire world. With over a hundred nations affected, there is a huge pandemonium across the globe. What is even worse is that the fate of the things to come is unknown. With the uncertainties mounting it is possible that you too are very worried about the health of yourself as well as your near and dear ones. This uncertainty of the life-threatening virus has left even the most nations in the world struggling with country after country declaring lockdown; the situation is very grim indeed. Experts in the medical field claim that there is something good amidst the entire pandemic situation:
2 Good things about easing fear & anxiety
- Most Doctors know and have been trained to deal with respiratory related illnesses. By now you would already be aware that the deadly Corona Virus causes poor respiratory conditions
- You and your near and dear ones can take steps to stay protected and help others to stay protected.
Stay Protected; Stay Safe
Following the outbreak of the deadly Corona Virus (COVID-19) Virus health care providers as well as hospitals all around the world including India are all working on a war footing to combat the situation. Medical Experts are also of the opinion that managing viral respiratory illnesses is nothing new in the medical community. When it comes to staying safe you should know how to stay safe and protected from falling sick. It is to some extent protecting you against Influenza and lots of other infections. You need to wash your hands at regular intervals. You need to use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose and try not to frequently touch your face. It is best to stay away from crowds and those who are already sick. You also need to stay at home if you feel unwell.
Medical Experts feel that the virus is unpredictable and new situations might evolve. But you must not panic at any time. You might undergo various emotions as well from this emergency situation. But when it comes to upkeep of your proper mental health, here’s what you can do:
- Get the Facts Straight and do not fall for any false rumors that might be around.
- Keep things in perspective- While you would want to know about the deadly disease, it is important at the same time to focus on the things that you can control, like staying safe and avoid panicking
- Be Mindful & Self aware- With so much information around regarding the situation you need to rely on the scientific facts and figures rather than depending on just any information that might be around, on the internet or otherwise.
- Try to Keep Normalcy and stay calm- Though this may be tough, yet you must try and keep cool at all times irrespective of the situation that you might be undergoing right now.
- Hope for the best- Always expect the best and hope that the situation would soon become normal